I am blogging after a long time today. I don’t know why though. It’s not that I didn’t have time or didn’t have anything to blog about or even that I had forgotten about it. I just didn’t. However, today, after a long time, I felt the need to write. Probably because there are things that are bothering me. Things that I cannot talk about to my friends, because it may offend my other friends. Even if they don’t ever come to know about it, I don’t want to say things about the people I love that are not complimentary. This, however, is a new development in me. I have never thought about not talking about someone in a manner that is not in their best interests. If some friend of mine hurt me, or offended me, or irritated me, I would just go to another friend and talk about it. Complain about it, rather. Not necessarily bitching about the person, though. Today, I don’t want to do so. This however, doesn’t mean that I don’t bitch about anybody. I do, guilty as charged.
Anyway, going back to what I started with. So, there are things that bother me. Small things, petty things. I won’t go into specifications, though. There are just some things I don’t like. Call it childish, call it oversensitive, call it whatever. Call it a blue monkey, if you so please. But simple as daylight, I don’t like them. So, I wanted to make a list of ten things that I do not like. I don’t know why. I just like making lists. It makes me happy. And today, I am very unhappy. So, my victims, I shall present to you the list, in no particular order.
- I don’t like it when people don’t answer my texts. Thanks to technology, I can now see if the person has read my text or not. So, if they don’t answer it, I feel bad. It makes me feel like I am disturbing them and that they don’t want to speak to me. Or they are just not interested. And I don’t mean that one has to reply immediately. If you are busy, I understand! But hell, you’ve been online for 4 hours now, 9 different times! Reply to me! Also the fact that I don’t tell everything to anybody and don’t share my daily activities or anything of that sort with anyone, it feels worse, because the things that I do share, that I do text about, they are important to me. Your acknowledgement is important to me, your opinion is important to me. If I tell you what I had for lunch and you don’t reply, okay, no problem. But if I tell you that I baked a fancy cake for my best friend’s birthday, knowing that I am a clutz in the kitchen, I am expecting a reply! Even a smiley works!
- I don’t like pizza.
- I don’t like it when people don’t make an effort. If I make an effort to make you happy, I am expecting something back. If I am considering your feelings, your likes and dislikes, your opinions and thoughts, then I expect you to consider mine! I am not paving a smooth road for you so that you can glide along with me, without a care, without bothering to do anything for me! Do me a favor and don’t be so selfish and self- centered. Sometimes, make an effort to do something for me, even if you don’t want to do it, or even if you don’t like it. Make me feel a little important. Make me feel appreciated. I am doing a lot for you. And if you cannot do anything for me, at least appreciate what I do for you.
- I don’t like hot food.
- I don’t like it when people cancel last minute. Unless it is an emergency, don’t do it. Just don’t do it. I will understand till an extent. But if you tell me, that somebody called you to do something else that you didn’t want to say no to, like have lunch, then I am going to throw a crowbar at your face, and you will not complain about it.
- I don’t like animal prints.
- I don’t like being spoken to rudely. I don’t like being snapped at. I don’t like being cut off mid-sentence. I am not a rude person, I am generally not rude to anybody. So if I am not speaking to you like that, I do not appreciate being spoken to like that. And if you cut me off mid-sentence with some sort of offhand comment about how you don’t want to listen to it, it makes me feel unimportant. Like what I am saying is not worth your time. That I am not worth your time.
- I don’t like watching Bond movies, Indiana Jones movies and I don’t like metal.
- I don’t like being anybody’s secret. I hate it. I have been in a couple of relationships where the guy wouldn’t let me tell anybody about the fact that we were in a relationship. Not even my friends. But I quite obviously told my friends and that lead to a hell lot of arguments. When I was in those relationships, I was too young and stupid to understand exactly what was going on because the guy would give elaborate explanations of why we couldn’t tell anybody and why we should be together in secret and a whole lot of other bullshit. Later I learned that I wasn’t pretty enough for them to tell anyone about me. And no, I am not assuming this, I was told so. That hurt. And agreed that I am not one of the most beautiful people on earth, I can’t even pass off as pretty. But man, could you be more insensitive and rude? So these days, I hate it if anybody even proposes that we don’t tell someone or anyone. No matter what the reason. I may understand, I may agree, but I will hate it every second of everyday. I may know that the reason in completely valid and has nothing to do with me, but I will still feel that maybe if I was pretty, if I was smarter, he wouldn’t mind telling anyone because it wouldn’t matter. Because he would feel lucky and proud to have me, like I would feel lucky and proud to have him.
- I never liked Swat Cats or Captain Planet.
So there. A list of things I dislike.
Anyway, on a different note, Durga Puja just passed. To those who don’t know, Durga Puja is a four day festival celebrating the Hindu goddess, Durga. Although only 4 days are celebrated, Six days are observed, Mahalaya, Shashthi, Maha Saptami, Maha Ashtami, Maha Navami and Vijayadashami. People build pandals, decorative, artistic and creative pandals that house beautiful idols of the goddess. Here. Some pictures for you.
Aren’t they beautiful? The saddest part is, these beautiful idols, these beautiful works of art, are submerged into water on Vijayadashami. If I made these, or even something half as beautiful, I sure as hell wouldn’t have the heart to let them disintegrate to mud!