I’m back, ladies and gentlemen! Again! To continue my story. About my crush and I.
So, continuing from the day after the whole college incident, we spoke on a daily basis but couldn’t meet much, as the pool had closed. Just my luck. But then we made plans to meet up one day, for coffee. So I went out to a park 15 minutes away from my house (on foot) to walk around a little bit and had planned to leave the park in half an hour and go meet him for coffee. But, as my luck would have it AGAIN, it started STORMING 25 minutes later. Yes. STORMING. Like there’s no tomorrow. And I got drenched in the rain and sent him a text saying that I wouldn’t be able to meet him as I was drenched, then I waited for five minutes for a reply, and when I didn’t get one, I put my phone inside my wallet (it fit, miraculously) and started walking back home. I had to walk the whole way thanks to the utter lack of conveyance. Once I reached home, 20 minutes and 5 random lecher-like comments from immature, hormonal and sex deprived strangers, I took a shower and then checked my phone to see that he had replied saying, “It’s okay, come anyway.” Talk about bad luck. I replied saying that I just saw the message and I am already home. So, that was a day wasted. But we made plans to meet the next day. However, that didn’t happen either. Because he got fever. And when he recovered and decided to meet, I had to go to my grandma’s place for some puja (a worshipping ceremony thingy. I don’t know how to explain it.). And when I returned and planned to meet, a sudden doctor’s appointment was slammed at my face. It was just not happening. It was irritating. As if the entire universe was conspiring against me! It was as if each and every particle in the universe was trying to keep me from meeting him, and trust me, I was pissed off. (Too dramatic?)
Anyway, after that, we finally made plans to go for a movie. It was a morning show and as usual, something just HAD to go wrong. I got fever the night before the movie. And I was feeling so weak that I couldn’t even get up and get a calpol or something and it was 1am so nobody else was awake. So I finally managed to fall asleep an hour later with the mother of all bad moods. I was furious and disgusted and just frustrated. I hated the fact that I would have to miss the date AGAIN. But, I woke up at 4:30am again, out of sheer irritation, and dragged myself out of the bed and somehow dug out a calpol from the depths of the medicine cabinet and had it. And then, with all the will power I could muster up, I willed my fever to get the hell away from me by morning. And it did! And I FINALLY managed to go meet him. We watched the movie and had lunch and then the moment came back home, I got fever again. But I was just so elated that I couldn’t care less. He is just wooooonnnnnnderful. ^___^
Oh, I also went to the doctor a couple of days ago. And my bad luck is radiating, the moment I stepped into the hospital, 15 minutes later, a fire broke out because of a faulty AC. In the children’s ward. A tiny one, put out in 5-10 minutes and nobody got hurt, but still. And, I now have an endoscopy, colonoscopy, x-ray, ultrasound and a couple of blood tests on my to-do list. Sucks to be me.
But he is WONDERFUL. ^_^
There are a lot of things in this world to see and do. And I have my entire life to see them and do them. There are things I know of, and want to try. There are places I know of, and I want to visit. So I made a Bucket List to Happiness. It’s…er… a bucket list. And only after I manage to strike through all of them will I declare myself satisfied and happy. So here goes-
1. Buy a music box. (I’ve always wanted to own one of these. Like the one Mia owns, in the movie The Princess Diaries. It is just so beautiful. I’ve never seen one in shops here. The first thing I’ll do once I leave this country is buy a music box.)
2. Attend a masquerade ball. (I have never ever attended one. Ever. And I’m DYING to.)
3. Go to a Halloween party! (We dont celebrate Halloween here in Calcutta. Pity.)
4. Visit New York. (If i don’t go to NYC for my masters, I will DEFINITELY visit it. At least once in my lifetime. If not more.)
5. Visit Alabama (Because I love the movie Sweet Home Alabama. A LOT.), Rome, Italy, France, Germany and Prague.
6. Make lots and Lots and LOTS of new friends. (Somehow, I’ve always really wanted to make friends who are foreigners. There’s something just so…. Interesting about them! I mean, they have a different way of life and I would so love to know all about it! And I can’t exactly tap on a random stranger’s shoulder and say, “So, tell me EVERYTHING.”)
7. Shop. In Rodeo Drive.
8. Visit Ireland, Scotland and England.
9. Date a British guy and an Irish guy and a Scottish guy.
10. Buy a beautiful house in Tennessee or North Carolina or West Virginia!
That’s all I’ve come up with yet. I’ll keep adding more to it. 😀